Friday 17 February 2017

Papertrey Ink Birds of a Feather baby card



Hello everyone,

I'm all out off kilter with the years, but I have a card here for the Papertrey Ink celebrations for 2008. I got the Birds of a Feather stamp in 2008 when I first discovered Papertrey Ink. I really didn't use the set enough, so I pulled it out and came up with this new baby card.




2008



1) Cut the PTI Tag Sale: Quilted die with Aqua Mist Striped paper and emboss it with a Crafter's Companion Patchwork Quilt embossing folder.

2) Take a sanding block and sand the paper back to highlight the quilt effect.

3) Stamp the nest, eggs and just hatched stamps from Birds of a Feather onto a small square of white card and ink the edges with aqua mist ink.


4) Cut a stitched square and mat the nest image onto it before raising it onto the quilt tag with foam tape.

5) Place the tag on the base card after stamping the sentiment from Hanging Out, and finish off with a bow made from Aqua Mist twill ribbon.

I'd like to play along with




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x
















14 comments:

Dreja said...

Wundervoll! Danke für die Teilnahme bei der KE-C.
LG Dreja

Carole said...

ooo that lovely aqua colour again...and what a lovely and unusual baby card. Would also make a Spring or new Home card too I guess so I think you have mileage in this stamp!

Barb said...

This is so pretty Carol and the colours are beautiful. A lovely new baby card. Barbxx

Sarah said...

This is fantastic Carol, it's been ages since I have seen sanded embossing and you have reminded me how fab it looks. The colours here are gorgeous and it makes for a perfect new baby card xx

Kara Lynne said...

That is so sweet, Carol! I love the colors and your embossing detail!

Rachel Jolley said...

Oh this is one of the best new baby cards I've ever seen, it's utterly gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE this card!! The way you used the stamps in the background is AMAZING!! Totally STUNNING design!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a sweet card Carol, and I love the soft colours! Such a fabulous technique you have used on the patterned paper too and the soft blending of colour around the edges of the image! I LOVE everything about this card! Have a wonderful weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Ros Crawford said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I adore the colours and the BG is very clever!

Jackie C said...

Could not be more adorable!Thank you for sharing at Creatalicious! Jackie DT Member.

Brenda said...

Awww, how cute is this baby card?!!! I love it Carol and I love the pretty paper and colors you used for this one. Such a sweet card. Hugs, Brenda

Gale said...

This is a lovely baby card Carol. Fab embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope you join us again next month. Hugs, Gale DT

ELFi said...

Soooo sweet! Thank you for joining KE-C.
ELFi

Carrie Rhoades said...

I love the soft colors of the card, reminds me that spring will come! Thank you for joining our challenge at Stampin' Royalty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...